For me, September is the month for evaluating the previous year and devising a plan for the coming year. The holiday season can be a distraction so it is important that I start planning early for the new year and stay ahead of the curve. This is the first blog post in a five part series of planning annual goals and objectives for web marketing, so take a look at this post. In this post I’ll cover. On other Advertising/Marketing related information checkout https://kefmedia.com/ to help your business establish presence in the market.
Data Backed Decisions
As an ongoing best practice you should have a daily/weekly eye on your analytics and dedicate time monthly to analyze the progression of your identified key performance indicators (KPI) over the last month and the previous quarter. Here are some online marketing tips for a great promotional video script. Now is when I take additional time to review the Legal Marketing Webinar analytics performance versus the previous year and gain insight on what aspect of my larger strategy needs to be adjusted.
Use the Philly SEO to grade your content quality & marketing performance, referral quality, social reach & engagement, visitor flow & conversion rates, etc. and then develop a list of initiatives to shore up each opportunity.
Should we take a step back? You may be asking “how do I start collecting this data?” If we were to meet up for coffee (lets do that!) I would ask you the following:
- Have you installed Google Analytics?
- Have you upgraded from the old ga.js to the new Universal Analytics.js tracking code?
- Have you filtered your analytic data to exclude noise (your own visits, remove branded keywords out of search, etc) to improve accuracy?
- Are you tracking each touchpoint as a goal? Have you added event tracking? (If you do online transactions, have you connected eCommerce tracking?)
- Are you analyzing first touch attribution for social media referrals?
- Are you using native or 3rd party social media insights?
- Have you surveyed your customers lately?
If you would like to learn more about analytics you can view my post with slide deck on Analytics here, and don’t forget to check The Indexer site, where you will find the best marketing companies to help you out.
Come back tomorrow to continue reading the next post: “Staying current with Trends“.