Want to increase your online traffic? Here is a quick overview of your three most likely options:
Option 1: PPC/Paid Search Marketing:
Bid for keywords and pay for traffic (quickly increase traffic from a targeted keyword set.)
Option 2: Organic Search:
Gain visibility in the search engines organically for target keywords (slowly increase traffic, but remain high in the search rankings over the long haul)
- Step 1: Research Target Keywords: https://adwords.google.com/o/KeywordTool
- Step 2: Identify relevant keywords with good local monthly searches, e.g.:
- SEO (2,240,000 Local Monthly Searches)
- Introduction to SEO (320)
- SEO Training (14,800)
- SEO Tutorial (6,600)
- SEO Guide (8,100)
- Step 3: Ensure your website has the correct content for the identified keywords (keyword in the title is important)
- Step 4: Post links to your site (and pages) on Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook (Public Profile or Fan Page) and social bookmarking sites. Submit your site to online directories of training programs or similar.
- Step 5: Get friends and fans link to your website, ensure you have social sharing buttons on your site to make it easy.
- Also: Optimize the website for Robots. If on WordPress:
Start or join in on social media conversations, search twitter for people asking questions about SEO and reach out to them, guest post on other related sites, join in on LinkedIn or Google+ discussions.